1 استادیار و عضو هیأت علمی دانشکدۀ علوم اجتماعی، دانشگاه تهران
2 کارشناس ارشد مطالعات زنان، دانشگاه تهران
عنوان مقاله [English]
- In contemporary societies, the television, as a powerful medium among the a media, is the most effective mechanisin for reproducing culture and its
- lements. In this paper the authors try to answer the following questions:
- - What kind of family stmcture is presented in the Iranian Television programs?
- - Is there any link between this structure and the Iranian traditional culture?
- To answer the above questions, the family stmcture is investigated in three parts: family type, gender roles, and family relations. The method applied in this research is qualitative and quantitative content analysis. The present study demonstrated that in family structure which is presented on Television dramas, the reproduction of gender-role stereotypes create a kind of gender hierarchy and a sexual division of labour both of which require men to work - de the home to support the families while women stay at home in order re care of children and of the housework. In other words, women are not :: n enough credit for social duties. This is how the role differentiation ~. ~ en man and women or husband and wife is realized.